The Magnesium Miracle by Carolyn Dean
Dr. Carolyn Dean, author of the Magnesium Miracle, suggests we institute the Magnesium Burn Rate as a way of gauging magnesium dosage and I would like to copy part of her wonderful newsletter to help make everyone aware of how much magnesium you can burn in any given day:
"Gauging your Magnesium Burn Rate is a brilliant concept because that's what we are doing - burning off magnesium with all types of stress. So being aware of your burn rate gives you an idea of how much magnesium you are using. This is much more important than just following the RDA. Here is a list of stressors as outlined by my friend, Dr. Elson Hass.
- Physical: intense exertion, manual labor, lack of sleep, travel
- Chemical: drugs, alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and environmental pollutants such as cleaning chemicals or pesticides
- Mental: perfectionism, worry, anxiety, long work hours
- Emotional: anger, guilt, loneliness, sadness, fear
- Nutritional: food allergies, vitamin and mineral deficiency
- Traumatic: injuries or burns, surgery, illness, infections, extreme temperatures
- Psycho-spiritual: troubled relationships, financial or career pressures, challenges with life goals, spiritual alignment and general state of happiness
Also you must wrap your head around the fact that 80% of the thousands of interactions in the body require magnesium, making it the number one supplement to saturate yourself with!"